First Church is partnering with MobileMissionsNetwork (MMN), a small Christian organization that focuses on outreach and service within mobile home communities. In the coming weeks we will be helping to feed and house families displaced by flooding in Sand Springs.
MMN has had a presence in River Oaks Estates for more than 4 years. In response to the flood they have been helping to house families in a local church as well as through special pricing at a local hotel. In addition they have been serving meals every evening through a local Baptist church. They serve 50 – 60 people every evening.
Ways to get Involved
Provide a community meal for displaced residents, contact Rachael to sign-up.
- For bringing meals, groups will need about 6-10 volunteers from about 5:00-8:00 pm.
- For catering a meal, less time will be needed on the front end.
- Meal service begins at 6 pm and lasts generally until about 7:30 pm
- There is a high value on relationship and it is encouraged that groups not only bring and serve food, but also visit with and compassionately listen to those coming for meals.
If you are unable to help with a meal, but would like to give a financial gift, housing and food costs are places where you can meet immediate, tangible needs.
- You make a donation at https://firstchurchtulsa.org/serve/giving/ memo "Flood Relief"
There are many other ways to serve our community. If you are interested in other efforts please visit Samaritan’s purse
For more information please contact Rachael Kamaru at (918) 301-1039 or