Helping Hand Golf Tournament
Helping Hand Ministry, an outreach of First Presbyterian Church, combines ministry and mission by offering short-term assistance to needy Tulsans. Launched under the supervision of the First Church Deacons over 30 years ago, the Helping Hand Ministry has evolved into a not for profit corporation. Five mornings a week, from nine to noon, compassionate volunteers from First Church help individuals and families dealing with a temporary crisis by assisting in the payment of their utility bills, rents, prescriptions, and with the distribution of food from the pantry.
Helping Hand has no paid staff or operating expenses—every dollar donated is disbursed in aid of the ministry’s clients. Last year in 2014, Helping Hand disbursed over $365,911. These funds:
- Protected 417 families from eviction
- Helped 31 individuals get
- prescription medication
- Assured continued utility service for 2,420 families
- Provided approximately 1,653 family members with enough food for
- 14,877 meals
As an outreach to the Tulsa community, First Presbyterian Church provides the overhead costs for Helping Hand Ministry: space in the Bernsen Community Life Center, utilities (electricity, water, and heating), and bookkeeping assistance.
Funding for the Eighth Annual Helping Hand Golf Tournament comes from registration fees of those who participate in the tournament. Half of the registration fee ($50) covers the cost of the tournament and luncheon, and the other half is a tax-deductible donation to Helping Hand Ministry.
Funding also comes from sponsorships. Individuals, Sunday School classes, companies, or other groups may contribute at one of the following levels, or at a level of their choice:
- Tournament Sponsorship ($2,500 or more)
- Hole Sponsorship ($1,000, $500, or $250 per hole)
- Gift in honor or memory of an individual or group (any amount)
Sponsors at all levels will be recognized as a Sponsor at the awards ceremony and on all hole sponsor signs. The Sponsor fee will also include the greens fee, cart, range balls, a gift bag with a sleeve of 3 golf balls and tees, and a buffet luncheon for 6 players (Tournament Sponsorship level), 4 players ($1000 level), 2 players ($500 level), or 1 player ($250 level).
- Hole in One #1, $10,000 sponsored by Henry & Jane Primeaux
- Hole in One #2, Two year lease on a Mercedes Benz sponsored by Vic & Jennifer Morgan.