CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
The parenting journey can be a bumpy one, that’s for sure, but FPC offers some opportunities that put the destination in sight! Bring your children, and we’ll provide dinner and childcare for them as well.
Brain Fitness Strategies—Tools for Helping your Child Focus
Takeaway points will be:
• A 5-minute neurodevelopmental activity that melts frustration and stress away, right before your eyes!
• A fun exercise that boosts eye tracking, focus, and concentration--measurably!
• A nurturing movement that calms kids' central nervous system, helping them relax, learn and sleep
(Our clients literally beg us to do these!)
• A radical new perspective on the cause of ADD/ADHD and dyslexia
• An understanding of what your child is going through
Paul and Susan Phariss are neurodevelopmental specialists, authors, speakers and experts on helping children overcome learning and behavior challenges. They performed the first study using neurodevelopmental exercises to increase reading speed in kids with learning disabilities, resulting in a 200% increase in reading over the control group. Paul has been interviewed and seen on PBS, The Today Show, and Good Morning America. Susan is a regular guest on FOX23 where she is their resident brain expert.
When: The 2nd Friday night of the month (excluding December)
Where: Miller Library, First Presbyterian Church
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Cost: $2.00 per child
Here’s how it works!
6:00 Arrive at FPC. Drop off your children in the children's area. Parents go to Miller Library.
6:15 Presentation begins
7:30 Parents leave church for dinner out
9:15 Return to church to retrieve children
*Childcare provided by reservation only. Reservations needed by the Tuesday before. Click here or call Lauren at 918.301.1009.